Saturday, October 28, 2006

Saturday Gray...

I sit here at my computer, glancing out the window occassionally and it seems within minutes the sun was lost to the clouds in the sky...glances of gray influence my writing, slow down the mood. Not sadness, one of my favorite colors is gray but not the excitement the sun brings. It is fascinating at times, how color can make you feel differently-happy or sad-really amazing. Still, the grayness of this Saturday morning fills me with a calm; a coolness like a breeze while walking in wet grass in the morning when I was on the farm...long ago. Perhaps this will just be a chill day...no drama, not alot of excitement just a day to cool out and not do much. No deadlines, or needs to be truly addressed. Even if it is not supposed to go like that, I am gonna try my best to keep that type of vibe going all day. We all need these days...work hard, play hard and relax...well, just relax when necessary. That is what today is about, relaxation.

Color of the sky
cool as I
be
blues like
love supreme
sun seems
jealous of the haze that
overcast
its brilliance
brightness beneath
peeks through the seams
of clouds
stitched together
by raindrops
afraid to fall
be lost to the earth
far away from the sky
color of my coolness
calm
relaxation of grayness...

No comments: