Monday, November 06, 2006

Outcomes

What will be will be. I don't know who first made that statement, but it was true. What will be, well, not much you can do. I know when something happens, we often look back and say could we have changed the outcome...what could I have done differently; hindsight is 20/20. But I think, right now and maybe for the first time, I think there is nothing you could have done to change the outcome of any event. The outcome has been pre-determined. God knows. So when we beat ourselves up later because something did not go in our favor, or we know we could have just done that little bit extra to make it-well, that all means nothing. It sometimes affords a lesson, this reflection that occurs after the outcome and the further analysis where statements like "if I had just not did this...or that, things would be different" are made can help us not make the same decision in the future. If we learned that is.

So I sit here and ponder future outcomes...one in particular, and wonder. What will be will be. Regardless of my fear, precaution...still, I feel like prayer helps. Maybe a prayer is like a final request for an outcome change directed at God, and only him. So I pray, and wait...for the outcome. I am trying to wrap myself in faith, and understand myself and the role God has for me in so many ways. I think that all that is going on in my life is preparation, for the real role that will be determined later on. Prayerfully speaking that is...

1 comment:

Dee said...

Outcome"
As I sit in front of this computer pondering on the quote of "what will be will be" and look back at my life just a little over a week ago and what has devastated me and my family and has change me to the person who now I have to get to know again. On October 24, 2006 my sister passed from negligence from a simple medical procedure. God only knows why he so needed her. the "Outcome" of this event has me questioning faith. How could this have happen to us. Why was he (God) unfair to me and my family. I try to think back and wonder what could have I done to change the course of this, but the answers remains the same, "what will be will be.