Monday, February 04, 2013

Distracted Dreams

This entry was actually written last year...well before D-Rose blew out his knee.  I posted it now, because...well, it should have gotten posted then but you know, I got distracted.  LOL

So I sit here in front of the TV, watching an excellent NBA game- Chicago Bulls vs the New York Knicks.  Good hoop-love my TV-52 inch flat screen-yeah, and well not really being too productive.  I have a lot on my plate, but you know how that goes...sometimes you down to eat and other times you not hungry at all.  Still, I have been thinking about alot of different things...Carmelo just hit a J...but yeah, so much on my mind that sometimes I just want to veg out and not deal with anything...Carmelo went up for the shot, blocked out of bounds-TO.  So, instead of always managing my time to deal with everything that I am responsible for, I, well, sit down in front of the TV and drift off.  Landry Fields from Stoudamire, lay-up is good...Knicks down 1 with 16.6 to play.  100 to 101.  Yeah...but I digress-commercial-is that the new BMW?

Okay, I don't care about that.  What I care about is moving forward and maintaining the discipline to do what I need to, to progress. Game back on, Chicago ball on the throw in...Kyle Korver fouled-bad foul, this guy can knock them down. Buries the first one.  I think the Clippers play after this...knocks down the second.  I mean my day was introspective for me.  I am having reviews with my team and really got into some conversation about dreams, and what is next for individuals.  When I have these conversations I think about myself.

Knicks throw in, 3 ball for Amare-wide open...no.  Foul on Taj Gibson-knocks down the first.  This is over.  The Bulls are up 4.  Anthony fouled on the throw in.  Knocks down the first.  This is over...knocks down the second.  Chicago time out.  Dreams.  Today really had me thinking about my dreams.  How did I get to be thirty-something years old and still wondering if my dreams can come true.  Chicago on the in-bound, 6.3 seconds...Derek Rose gets the ball, fouled.  5 seconds left.  Rose misses the 1st...knocks down the second, Melo on the in-bound...dribbles over the half court line-for 3...no.  Gametime.  Bulls.

Okay, I am focused now.  For the moment.  Dreams.  What has gotten in the way of my dreams.  Well, in some ways the same things that have gotten in the way of this blog entry-distractions.  I mean, in talking to one of my interns today, I reminisced on how I used to be in the theater-an actual major of mine in my freshman year in college.  I wanted to act, actually become an actor.  Then life happened upon me.  Wow...who is playing next?

No comments: