Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father...

Humbled by the blessings bestowed upon my person
not certain that I am deserving
but no need to question the gift of my
child's existence
nor to speculate on the allowance of the one
on the way
mine is to protect and cherish each of them
to honor and uphold
to teach, love, develop and mold
and to be
present
every day of their lives
whether near or far my responsibility
is to provide
to give enough of me that they are better prepared
for everything
even the unknown and unseen
to offer them space to become all that they
imagine within their dreams
while allowing dreams to be believed
to never lie, cheat or mislead...
to increase their opportunities
by capitalizing on my own
be the only role model that it is necessary for them to
know
show them respect and affection,
care and sympathy
to wipe their tears, chase away their fears...
provide shelter, clothes and food to eat
to be a man
understanding that I am and will always be their the first example of
to introduce them to God, his precious son...and acknowledge the angels and ancestors
above
but most importantly and beyond all else
to respect and love their mother
for she is the half of my whole
and as that relationship flourishes
so too does the nourishment flow to our
babies...
born to the world as blessings bestowed
by my Father
to I and she
so I pray the efforts I make
for my children
are in gratitude for all that has been done for me...
so humble I am to have received these gifts
I will love them forever
and beyond
eternity

Daddy loves you Cameron and Logan

Copyright 2014



No comments: