Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Renewed

So it was just a regular Monday...but you know Mondays sometimes make me feel like starting over.  You know, it is the beginning of the week so I always use Mondays to initiate change in my life.  So, I can't really say I went to work and "worked"  it out, but when I got home I figured I would definitely spend some time on me.  I got a few irons in the fire so to speak, so may as well make the hours I have free work for me.

So with that, I sent a draft of my dissertation proposal to my advisor-something better than nothing right?  I know this is a long road, but if you don't step on the path than you will never make it down the road...so, on the road again so to speak.  I mean, this dissertation has been my arch nemesis-me against the man in the mirror.  It seems that the biggest competitor to my success, at least in this venture, is me.  Ever felt like that?  You keep getting in your own way.  I really think that is why most folks are just average-cuz average is sooooooo easy.  We all have so much potential...but you know the one thing I remember from science is the difference between potential energy and kinetic energy-potential energy is energy at rest and kinetic energy is energy in motion.

To hell with potential.  I need to be kinetic.  Moving.  Faster than the cat sitting on their keister. Moving, forward.  Even if it is just baby steps, it is better than standing still.  So I say all that to say that on today I at least made forward progress in removing the biggest bear off my back that I have ever known.  The dissertation.  Pray that a brother can maintain some sense of discipline to complete this.  I mean I can't quit, quitting is not for me.  That's not me, that's not me.  Plus, how could I tell my little man that Daddy could't finish something.  Naw...so again pray for a brother.  I appreciate it-smile.

Monday.  The almost official first day of the week.  I mean some give that credit to Sunday, but Sunday is the weekend so for me, yeah Monday is the beginning.  Change up the energy.  But right now it is Tuesday...got to keep up the momentum and stay, well, kinetic with it.  Got to keep moving forward.

My gramps used to always say
I can't change what I did yesterday
past has passed
all I ask is for God to wake me on
tomorrow
bound to do better
long as sidestep sorrow
and carry an umbrella...
in other words always prepare for
the worse
rain on a cloudless day
don't allow that which you cannot change
to change the way
you view your circumstances
chances are your situation
not as dramatic
as you would make it seem
perhaps you simply acting out
a storyline when
you need only re-write the script
rearrange the scene
see beyond where you have been
and above your present state
look closely at those whom you keep
close
scale back
could be too much weight you carrying...
people and particular things
doubts, fears, insecurities
the intangibles remain
tend to cling to you for years
whether wanted or wanting to wish
all your issues away
you have the will...potential
energy as sometimes described
kinetic in your progression
lesson is you are what you believe yourself
to be
the renewal of your dreams
awakens reality
the renewal of your dreams
awakens your true
reality

copyright 2012


No comments: