Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pressure Bursts Pipes

So this life thing, well, is not a straight path to the next stage.  The road is filled with potholes and detours,  curves and round-abouts.  Life.  It is as if as soon as you think you have some things figured out, or it is all going, well, well...it happens.  Not any it in particular, just it.  It is not defined by any specific terms, other than "it" is unexpected and unnecessary and at times uncheap-or rather it is expensive.  This is the life game.  Unpredictable.

It happened to me today.  I was already in it, like this situation with my house.  So here is the breakdown: I am outside messing with my dog, come in the house and hear water dripping...really running as if the faucet is on.  So I go into the half bath and there it is.  Water is busting through one of the walls!  WTyou know the rest!  So I yell to my wife, who at this point I know is in the shower-not that I know know but the water-I know.  So I am like-BABE, GET OUT THE SHOWER!  She is like what?  You gonna wake the baby...long story short, pipe burst over the bathroom ceiling-which was the drain pipe for the upstairs bath and all kinds of goodness just bust through the wall.  Today the plumber basically "tore up" the bathroom to fix the pipe...and there are big sanitary dryers all over the house.  That is the setting for "it" to happen again.  

Not another pipe, but after I stay off work to deal with the gifts from years past that poured out of aforementioned pipe, I was rushing to work.  Now, the whole rushing to work when you are about 4 hours beyond your start time is an oxymoron.  Yeah, so me, the oxymoron himself is "rushing" to work like Brandon Jacobs through the Patriots front four...I don't even like the Giants but that was my Sportscenter moment.  In the rush, I hit a red light, stop, light turns green, go-damn.  Car in front of me, well...yeah.  So I hit it.  

I am dead wrong so I handle the fender bender-literally-like a man and take care of almost everything on the spot.  But my energy is off.  Not only has my house been jacked for days, which has the wife and little one off a bit, I been showering at our neighbors house, my money could always be better and tadow...banged out the whip.  So, with the job on my neck, home out of order and now this...my own pipes on the verge.  So I write.  I mean, there are plenty of folks in a lot worse situation than me...but I always have this to say about that-this is my situation.  Let me break this theory down.

Everytime you are going through something, anything, and you maybe reveal that to someone else he or she always says-well, you know it could be worse or there are other people worse off than you.  I usually reply with something like "yeah, that is right".  Most often because I feel obligated, at that moment, to act is if I give a flying fig about this other, imaginary person that I do not know, about their potential misfortune that when compared to mine is "worse."  So, I say all of that-in a run-on sentence at that-to simply say-why the hell do people say that?  I mean we all know that it could be worse, but I said that this time when the wall burst with water from five years ago spilling out on the floor-"could be worse" I said.  Today...it is. 

I am not saying I do not feel other folks issues, or that it always goes from bad to terrible-only once in a while.  But at the same time, your issue is your issue.  No matter what happens to Tom, Dick and Harry what matters is what happens to you.  How you feel is important-no bump that-how you feel is really all that matters at least sometimes.  So if it is all jacked up, and your day totally sucks-you should not have to try and imagine someone else's misery to feel better.  Just go ahead and get your "feel bad" on.  Let it go.  Cry.  Fuss someone out.  Go to the park and yell.  Write...an angry blog entry.  I don't know, but don't be made to feel bad about feeling bad.  You have to understand feeling bad to recognize when it is really starting to feel good.  If all that pressure is allowed to build up-and even at its pinnacle someone tells you to get over it or think about the guy who doesn't have whatever-they may get the business.  So, to corral those emotions allow yourself to feel, heal, and release.  It may not be that deep tomorrow, but today.  Yeah, be easy.

Mine
is not your issue 
and although 
you may have one 
close to the same
it ain't 
how I feel is real
to me 
so before you 
begin
refrain
from saying things
like it could be worse
or look on the bright side
I might
one day...
maybe even tomorrow 
reassess my 
situation 
but at present
my patience has left the 
building
and perhaps you 
should follow suit 
it's not that this is 
a pity party 
but if so 
what is it to you?
the table is set for
one
no need for opinions
motivational speeches
or sermonettes 
just let me have my moment
in time I may forget 
but that time is not right this 
second
I want to wallow in this a while
ignore my cell phone ringing
delete all text upon receipt
cut someone off while driving
give 'em the bird if they beep
I am just all in my feelings
and regardless if 
you have been down this path 
before
I don't want to hear your story
I will Helen Keller you
can't hear you and can't see you
nothing you can do
except, well...shut the hell up
and leave me to my misery
I will get back at you when I am 
up
until then...
down is where I 
be

copyright 2012



No comments: